roadster

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadster
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:45:51 -0800
just a note about the carbs/over heating. Keith has helped me out a lot.
more than I could probably repay him for. thx Keith! the car is running
cooler and at a steady temp of around 195 or so. ill try the wetter stuff
and see what happens. I know it is not a fix all and it was not advertised
as being one. The car is running good and I was more than happy to get
Keith's assistance. I don't have a clue as to the inner workings of a carb
but was surprised I had tuned them as well as I did! I have been kicking
around rebuilding the head using the iron one that I have but I think that
will have to wait until the suspension is squared away. Keith also helped me
identify the problem there and was gracious enough to offer assistance when
I get ready to fix it. I wont let that offer go hehehe! Out of curiosity, if
I pull the head can the water jacket be cleaned on the block without pulling
the engine?

thx Keith and to the list for the help!

I hope the fire is not affecting to many in ca. wish them the best.

mike