RE: lower a-arm bushings--stupid question number 2

To: "'Tim Waltz'" <printner@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: lower a-arm bushings--stupid question number 2
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:55:07 +1030
Hi Tim and list,
If you can't get those bushings off, the logical conclusion is that
they are corroded on.
I only had one of the eight qualify for lucifers torch and brute
strength on a '65 SP310 Roadster that had be sitting idle for 30+
years, so I guess I was lucky.
The spindle thread survived OK but the bushing nut was trashed: trying
to get another from a vendor as we speech.
Anyhoo, if your suspension arm still operates OK and you can still
lube up the bushings satisfactorily with a grease gun, I would be
tempted to leave them well alone.
If lubed regularly from new/replacement, they should be easy to
dissemble, but I guess that is a big if.
As an aside, the 520/720 Nissan Kingcabs and the 1500 Datsun traytop
all use a similar A arm suspension.
I'm trying to find out if the bushing part No. is the same as that of
the Roadster.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - at home, waiting patiently!
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.