selling my glossy black 66

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: selling my glossy black 66
From: Eric Johnson <snakeranch2@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:48:54 -0800 (PST)
Hi list, I have been on the list now for 3 years. lots
of good information. I have bought items from nearly
all vendors and lots of you, I have sold lots of items
on e bay and offline to lots you .
Well any way I have aquired a 69 patrol and need to
make room for that and get some funds going for that
restoration. Having four cars, truck, motorcycle and
seven vintage bicycles and sixteen various unfinished
hobbies takes up lots of room, I need to thin the herd
a little.
I am selling a very nice 66 1600,aquired five years
ago from what I hear the second owner.
 car is black on black, polished libras, new cooper
tires.lowered front springs. Engine is from my 67, It
was rebult in 97. It runs like a fine clock, idles and
 accelerates excellent.gary boone distributor.optima
battery, gm alternator,engine detailed excellent
,thick flange shiny header, new exhaust all the way
back, stainless  muffler, has excellent note, not
loud, but crisp. no rust on engine or hardware or
unsightly anything, not show, but appealing to the
eye.
 brakes,lots of new or rebuilt parts.
 rewired with excellent harness from a parts car.
chrome and trim is all exceelent shape,,  not rusty
except small one inch spot on lower windshield. dash
removed when rewired an painted gloss black, all
guages work and trim rings shiny chrome that look like
new. grant gt leather wheel. stereo, older kenwood
knob stereo that I put in and wired, four speakers
behind seats , in front of package tray, on the side
panels. amp mounted to inside of front trunk wall, all
very nicely done and all wires hidden and routed out
of sight, loud and clear at highway speeds, electric
antenna from a z car, manual switch for that on the
stereo console.
Seat and interior excellent previous owner recarpeted,
not perfect factory look, but nice. seats very nice,
appear to have been redone some time ago, vinyl very
nice. top and bows, very nice, clear back window, fits
real snug. top boot and tonneau.
Car was stripped down to bare, fenders doors hood and
trunk removed, primed painted and cleared a very nice
deep gloss black with lots of clear. clear was cut and
buffed.
Spares with car, original steel wheels, powdercoated
gloss black, three nice hubcaps. original four speed
from car,shifts smooth. newly rebuilt non smog 1600
aluminum head, still in packaging, new valves and
seals. original steering wheel, nice restored, very
nice horn button. new hood letters , new shift boot.
new upper a arm pivots and bushings (stan)
What it could use or need:
 front suspension and steering has never been gone
through, I am slowly aquiring parts for that, has new
shocks. steering box leaks and idler box loose. all
rubber seals need replaced, dont know condition of
ball joints.
winshield rubber and side window rubber old
original.still presentable, just old. rechrome of
window frame. not flaky rusty, still shiny for the
most part. no deep pitting.
reverse light switch, wired but switch broken.
I am surely missing a couple of other details that I
will think of.
Honestly I hat to get rid of any roadster that I put
so much time and effort into. This car turns lots of
heads, has a very nice stance and I can get in and
drive anywhere without any reservations, I drive to
work every friday just because.would have no problems
being a daily driver. I seldom drive it for no real
reason, occasional seven eleven runs and sunday yard
sales. car is in my name, has beatiful blue /yellow
plates, original lion key and trunk key, boxes of
spares to go with.$5500.00, offers accepted, but not
nescessarily taken, intersting trade possible.
Tire kickers welcome, nitpickers not.In Imperial Beach
California . Heaps of pictures available, respond to
Eric Johnson--------snakeranch2@yahoo.com, and I will
send them to you.