RE: windshield washer jets

To: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>,
Subject: RE: windshield washer jets
From: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:30:52 -0500
Gerardo is right on.  The 67.5 units are closer in shape to the early ones with
a satin silver finish. They are a different shape and size though.  It never
ceases to amaze me at the apparently stupid number of changes that
Nissan/Datsun made to these cars.  For the entire production run of Roadsters,
there were no fewer than 8 different rear bumpers.  Damned near everything was
changed repeatedly. The only things that I can think of that did not get
changed (and I could be WAY off here) are the bumper uprights.  Heck, even the
"rare" 67.5 headrests came in two versions - the more common that had a single
screw retaining the rear pan and a more obscure version that had two screws
holding the pan on.  I can actually understand that change though.  The 2 screw
version would be a PITA for production as the screws went down from the top of
the pan - meaning you had to use either a stubby or an L shaped screwdriver....

Sid