'60s/early '70s really were the "Good Old Days

To: "Ronnie Day" <rday@hot.rr.com>,
Subject: '60s/early '70s really were the "Good Old Days
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:47:33 -0500
When the roadsters were new they were almost 'state of the art' and nothing
except far more expensive sports cars like Alfas, Ferraris, Jaguars, etc.
were much better. The Roadster is comparable to all the cheaper cars being
produced back then like MGBs, Alpines, TRs, etc.; some were better than
others in certain ways and others less so.

Having said all that I think new cars are far superior, and rightfully so,
in terms of quality, reliability and longetivity. Roadsters are rather crude
as are all the cars I mentioned above and while that gives them 'character'
in some respect, I don't think a car company would stay in business too long
if they manufactured a car like the Roadster today with all its 'character'
still in place.

I still remember having an almost new 240 rust out before my eyes and the
Roadster too but it's thicker sheet metal made the process take a bit
longer.

I like the 60s and 70s cars but I'm very glad they build them a lot better
today.

Mike