Need advise on pistons and rings.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Need advise on pistons and rings.
From: "DANIEL T HEINZE" <dth104@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:11:57 -0500 (EST)
I really appreciate all the helpful responses I've received on recent engine
rebuild questions... so here's another one.

I need advise on:

1. domed vs flat top pistons in a Solex U20.  How much extra power with the
domed?  Any problems with 91 octain and the higher compression?

2. Nissan vs after market pistons.  Are the Nissan pistons worth the extra
price?

3. standard split rings vs gapless rings.  Is anyone running gapless rings?
benefits or problems?  Are they worth the extra price?

Many thanks...

Dan
68 2000