Re: (no subject)

To: <Ldino21@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:39:04 -0500
In my experience if you are a tooth off you couldn't get close to 12*

Are you sure the dizzy has been recurved to pre-smog specs? 68-70s were
timed at 0* not 16*. Moreover, if the idle is much above 700 rpms it will be
difficult to get an accurate timing. Did you disconnect the vacuum advance
hose?

Look at the plugs for how well the carbs are tuned after taking it for a
ride.