Stroker head/porting and polishing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Stroker head/porting and polishing
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:50:57 -0500
I'm tore down my spare Al head last night.  I want to port and polish this
head to better fit my new 2L carbs Keith Williams just rebuilt for me.  The
head looks dead flat, but it has peening marks around the valve seats.  Was
that how Nissan installed them or have they been replaced?  I read on
311s.org, the gentleman woh wrote the article had his machine shop install
small block chevy valves.  How much bigger are these valves?  I cant see how
you would fit a much larget intake valve in.  Also is the stroker cam
mentioned there designed for these valves or stock.

If the seats are factory I will probably just port it, and have a 3 angle
valve job done.  If they are replaced I will might go to bigger valves.

Also does anyone have any experience how big you can port the head before
you have to worry about hitting a water passage?  I'm going to have the head
pressure tested before I install it, but I don't want all my grinding to be
for nothing.

Thanks
Ian Miller

Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month!