Steering Idler Box & caster/camber questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Idler Box & caster/camber questions
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:57:53 +1100 (EST)
Happy holidays - I am making most of the holiday break
to work on the car.

I am in process of replacing my steering idler box
with a rebuilt one (& doing tierods while there) and
was wondering if there are any traps for the unwary.
It looks to me that the positioning of the main shaft
of the idler box, ie. wound way up or wound way down
is important but I'm not quite sure how or why.  What
position should I ensure the new idler box shaft is
set at before I fit it to the car.

Also, I need to replace the two bolts on each side
that adjust caster/camber - can anyone provide thread
size and dimensions for them so I know what to get as
replacements.

Many thanks

Marko
1964 1500 with R16 2L