Solex jetting on 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex jetting on 2000
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:25:15 +0000
To List,

Okay, so at least now my posts are getting thourgh.  Strange.  My posts
earlier about Solex jetting and "test" were new emails, not ones that I
replied to that had the "tag" at the end of them.  Anyway, here's what I
request.

I've got a rebuilt 2000 (about 300 miles on rebuild) with early style
Solex's on them.  B cam (that's the Solex one, right?  I took off my A cam
(the one with the Su's?) and put this one on), Solex air cleaner, Garry's
EI, etc.  Anyway, my jetting appears to be way off (last summer car ran real
rough, althoguh timing was set up fine).  My elevation is 600 (located in
Wenatchee, WA, which is in the middle of Washington State).  Temperatures
during the summer will be in upper 70's, 80's, some 90's, with nights in the
50's-60's.  I can't recall what my jetting is now, but I know it's not the
set up that came stock.  Most of my driving will be in the 500-2000 foot
range with occasional trips to Seattle crossing passes at 4000 feet.  I'd
like a set up that makes my Solex's as smooth a possible with the B cam. Not
looking for absoulte max performance out of these (aka racing), just
something that's got some spunk and runs fairly smooth (or least as smooth
as Solex's can run).

Can anyone help me figure what jetting I shouod use?  My town is small
enough that no shops here are familiar with Solex/Mikuni jetting and no one
seems to know where to get jets.  Help, anyone?

Allen
1970 2000

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  download MSN Toolbar now!