Re: brake light switch

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: brake light switch
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:12:23 -0500
My '68 and '69 have mechanical plunger switches mounted below the
steering column cross brace.  Normally "closed", they are held "open"
when the brake pedal is at rest, held by the retraction spring.  Press
down on the brake pedal and the switch closes, brake lights light.  The
switch is supposedly designed to fail in the closed direction, but I
have seen it fail open.

- Bob Mann