RE: Datsun Vs Deer et al.

To: "'Roadster Dude'" <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Datsun Vs Deer et al.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:31:44 +1030
The hazards of outback driving in Oz!!!
Driving back from Kings Canyon to Ayers Rock at dusk in 1987 (central
Australia)
we were sharing the road with all of the aforementioned critters.
The entire family was being vigilant to avoid a collision with anything.
While I had no major problems, it is not clever to travel at dawn or dusk
because the wildlife are on the move too.

Mandatory Roadster comment.
I'll be putting the G1500 engine in for a re-build shortly, hoping I don't
need to go to oversize pistons to correct some corrosion in the bores.
I'm tempted to get the engine done to my normal whizzbang standard, but
would that be necessary for a 3 month drive per year??
We can get Clasic Registration for $1/day for 3 months (90 days) max. here
in S.A.
Ideally that would be our Summer, Nov. - Jan.
Would 1965 engineering specs. be suitable or should everything be as good as
possible???
Your thoughts will, as always, be appreciated.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.