Re: That Deer Thing

To: <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: That Deer Thing
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:27:27 -0500
OK, I have to chime in here. Sid has told me I hit enough game that I don't
need a hunting license. don't hunt anyhow, actually.  towing home my 50th
birthday present on a trailer, SPL310-00003, a black bear they estimated at
350lb plus ran full tilt boogie into the side of my 96 Dodge Ram Pickup. did
over $2800 damage. I accelerated and cut into the oncoming lane (empty) to
outpace the bear to the point of impact, otherwise I would have hit him
head-on with much worse consequences. his face packed in the back corner of
the passenger door, head packed in the extended cab behind the door,
shoulder rolled the side of the bed from the front to the wheelwell up
under, and his butt hit the rear wheel, leaving it with a slight wobble and
around 8 inches of fur around the edge of the rim. kicked the back of the
truck sideways about 2 feet when he hit. score: Dodge Ram and Roadster 1,
Bear 0. a month later to the day a deer jumped off an embankment and landed
right in front of our Dodge Grand Caravan. bent the core support, had to
change out LF fender, grille, headlight assembly, radiator, straightening
the hood one of these days. family didn't want to travel on the 21st of the
month for a while.

Craig