Re: Rear Noise(Squeaky)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Noise(Squeaky)
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:18:45 EST
Hi,

  I have been trying to track down a squeak that is coming from the aft
section of my car and having no success. Over the years that I have owned this
car
I have tightened just about everthing that I've found loose  and this one has
got me stumped. It's only when I'm driving over a bumpy road that it manifests
itself. Today, in search for the answer I jacked up the rear end and in doing
so noticed that there is practically no give to the suspension. Is this
normal? What I mean is that the spring seems so stiff and flat that soon as the
body is lifting off the floor the tires follow with it. I know these cars are
rough riding to begin with but could it be that what I'm hearing is the
bouncing
of the tires off the pavement when I hit bumps? The G2 shocks are nicely snug
on both ends, the rubber bumper/bushings are good. It definitely sounds like
rubber squeaking. I'm on my second set of tires and it sounds exactly the same
as the first so I'm starting to doubt it's the tires. The torque rod is firm.
It just bugs the heck out of me that I can't nail it, all other shakes and
rattles are gone and this ones driving me nuts. Anybody else out there with the
same symptoms? Is it something I've got to live with?  Suggestions?

                               Tom Prather