Under Dash - Main Wiring Harness - rebuilding it

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Under Dash - Main Wiring Harness - rebuilding it
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:27:15 -0700
I am just reposting my original query as I did not get a definitive answer
the first time.

Schematic shows two power wires heading to the console.  One is red/blue
stripe (to the map light) and the other is blue/white stripe (to cigarette
lighter).  There are also two generic looking toggle switches and some
messed up wiring.  I can see from the schematic and my rebuild of the rear
harness that the back up light is part of the rear harness.  Is there not
supposed to be a switch on the console to test the red colored brake test
light on the dash?  Also, how does the console map lamp get turned on?  Can
anyone help me out with these items?  Thanks in advance.  Larry.