Re: RE: To tow, or trailer?

To: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Subject: Re: RE: To tow, or trailer?
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:28:56 -0400
having towed a few roadsters over the years, I recommend a trailer if
available. had the rear end lock up on one I had on a tow dolly once, had to
turn the car around and get it back up on the dolly with wheels locked...
had another one the LR wheel came off while on a dolly, messed up the
wheelwell arch... and once when I moved SRL311-00060 with a dolly, someone
pulled up next to me at 70mph yelling to me I had a flat tire...pulled off
the road, LR tire there was only about an inch of rubber around the rim
along with a bunch of fabric cords and the worst was it had been a steel
belted tire and the steel belts had ripped the rear quarter apart. had to
have the quarter replaced, had the other one done at the same time. so
anyhow, if possible, I recommend a trailer. as far as towing backwards on a
dolly, watch out for oscillation. if you don't line up everything straight
and tight, it may want to sway side to side as you go down the road- very
disconcerting at speed.

Craig
a few roadsters ;-)