National Z convention/Huntington Beach Concours D'elegance

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: National Z convention/Huntington Beach Concours D'elegance
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:41:38 -0700
Hey Datsun Folks,

Now that Solvang and RA are past, the Spring/Summer car shows are starting
up! Although Shasta is the big Roadster/Datsun get together, it is just a
little bit too far for me to drive, so I thought I would advertise some
shows that Socalers and our friends down in San Diego can hit near the same
time frame.

The first is the National Z car convention to be help the week of June
14-19th. It is being hosted by the GroupZ car club and roadsters have been
invited to participate. I have already put in my application and I know that
Victor Laury will be there in his "Limey Green Meanie" 240Z. Mr. K will be
speaking there and I hope to meet him and get him to sign the inside of my
glove box. I think it would be great to see soem roadsters there among all
those Zs. Go to www.groupz.com for more info. The show and shine is on the
19th, but there will be track racing out at Willow Springs and all kinds of
stuff going on during the week. Hope to see you there!

The second one is a little different. Huntington Beach is hosting a Concours
D'elegance that I think would be a great opportunity to get our cars noticed
by the larger marquee crowd. Although the show is mostly about Porsches and
Ferarris, the do have a display division for Japanese Classic Cars (except
for mini trucks, sorry guys!) and I think a good turnout of roadsters can
only help get the word out on our incredible cars.

So now that the weather is warming up, let's get the cars our there and
noticed!

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000
SRL311-00489

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE