RE: CA AB 2683 (was: smog) Long, CA-related, going of-topic

To: sandhoff@csus.edu, heyace@cox.net
Subject: RE: CA AB 2683 (was: smog) Long, CA-related, going of-topic
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:19:19 -0700
John et. al,

This was a "compromise bill" that was to assuage the classic car owner crowd
and also keep big oil and the big auto makers in business. If the exemption
is set permanently at 1976, then the classic car owners (us included) no
longer have to worry about smog checking our cars.

Now cars that were manufactured after 76 will still need to be tested
ensures that people will simply retire their cars and head down to the lot
and buy a new one. This will affect the Z owners but not roadster or muscle
car owners and that is where the money is for restoration and after market
suppliers.

So those 77 vegas will be hitting the kunkyard I guess...

Andrew Murphy
1967 2000 SRL311-00489