Temp. / Fuel Gauge Issue.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp. / Fuel Gauge Issue.
From: JRice@koaspeer.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:06:13 -0400
First I would like to thank everyone on the list for all of your help in
solving
issues I have had restoring my 1969 1600.

I am stumped again and am requesting assistance from the group:

When I start my car my Fuel Guage and Temp. Guage work. both gauge
needles move up to the level they should at but after the needles reach the
correct level they
stop working. I can restart the car and they work again for a minute then
quit.

Are my gauges bad? I have another set of gauges but I hate to rip the dash
apart again
if it could be another issue.

Any idea what would could cause the gauges to quit working?

I have disconnected both at the gas tank and the Temp. Sensor. Both react
the same
way. ( work for a minute then quit.) I was wondering if they were tied
together somehow
but it does not seem so.

I have a new dash harness installed so I do not think it could be the
wiring.

Any suggestions? I know install the new gauges and see if they work!!!

      Thanks,

             Jeff Rice

'69 - 1600
'66 - 1600