valve seats in a U20

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: valve seats in a U20
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:07:11 -0400
has anyone ever dropped a seat in a U20 head? a local fellow just pulled the
head off his 2L and one of the valves is open and seat has obviously moved
and looks to be the reason the valve is open... is this something that
happens over time? he said he was driving it around the neighborhood, came
home and shut it off, and next time he started it it ran like
crap...couldn't even get it to rev... checked compression and #3 was Zero.
pulled the head and observed the seat. I have pix I could e-mail if that
would help in diagnosis. thanks for any input!

Craig Halsted
roadsters mostly