"bimini" top, vague details

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: "bimini" top, vague details
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:59:37 -0700
That bimini (I know, small and usually black vinyl, but the correct term is
bimini) top picture may have been Steve from Glendale of H20 @ 8000+ rpm fame,
although searching my pics I only have a track day shot of Steve and it doesn't
have the top on.  Steve used the front bow and installed snaps on the rollbar,
had a piece of canvas made with edges doubled over for the snap installation
points.  If you wanted to add a pocket for some internal rods so that the
canvas doesn't flap, that might be a good idea, as there isn't a way to adjust
the tension with this method.  I don't think Steve's top goes past the
horizontal side-to-side ways, as Steve is tall and probably didn't want to have
to climb under.
Steve, are you out there with a witty barb?  Fergus O, 69 2000