RE: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine

To: tom@datsun2000.com, ambradley@frontiernet.net,
Subject: RE: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:53:25 +0000
I'd recommend checking out some of the articles on the Dime Quarterly.
Though this article is down-draft related, it has some good carb info...

http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_carb_tuning_guide.html

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

>From: "Tom@Datsun2000.com" <tom@datsun2000.com>
>To: <ambradley@frontiernet.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: O/T  Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine
>Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 02:05:38 -0700
>
>I am interested in this one too.  I have a L16(? 1600cc OHC) coming with a
>single 40DCOE151 side-draft that is probably full of OLD gas and will need
>good cleaning.  Pulling some of the tubes out I found black sludge on the
>bottom of two of them (the same tube on each side of the carb near the
>intake manifold).
>
>It sounds like there is a place where I can check the jet sizes and maybe
>learn about setting the carb up for the car.  Does anyone have the links to
>that information?
>
>The current problem is that the engine dies if ANY throttle is added.  In
>order to run the choke must be at about 1/2 travel between off and full on.
>I looked for sinking floats and went through all of the jets to see if any
>were plugged.  I found a bit of dry coating on some of them and cleaned
>that
>out, but it was no help.
>
>Tom
>69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
>68 1600 - Barney (purple)
>Portland
>http://www.datsun2000.com

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to Dig Yourself Out of Debt from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx