Re: Cutting parts away

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting parts away
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:48:59 -0400
His frame was all there it was the door posts and all the areas that you
couldn't see that were holed and flanged.

He cut the frame open and put lead in the lowest part to make up for the low
weight.

It was through someone I met many years ago that Ed Unkle and then Craig
bought the car. I met Dave Walsdorf when he pulled me over when I was
driving my Roadster in the late 80s in Huntington NY. I had no where to
stuff it and it looked quite ratty in his Mom's barn where it sat for
several years - after the paint was stripped off and the entire drivetrain
was missing. Dave campaigned a 510 after the Roadster and traded away the
roadster bits.

Marriage and kids put a damper on his racing career.

Mike