Re: Datsun 2000 Roadster - film debut in the UK

To: gogineni.alvin@GENE.COM
Subject: Re: Datsun 2000 Roadster - film debut in the UK
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:50:49 EDT
<< You have a GT40??!! >>

Errr ... I wish!  Sorry Alvin, I always refer to it as a GT40  which I
shouldn't do because it's a replica - it's pretty  convincing all the same, and
it
goes like a real one.

_http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/RobGT40Side10072004sm1.jpg_
(http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/RobGT40Side10072004sm1.jpg)

_http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/RobGT40Rear10072004sm1.jpg_
(http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/RobGT40Rear10072004sm1.jpg)

>From this week it now has original GT40 Borrani wires and quad Weber 48IDA
downdraught carbs/original manifold etc - so at least bits of it are  real.

_http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/GT40Borrani3.jpg_
(http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/GT40Borrani3.jpg)

Roadster content - there is a Datsun in one of these pics. You can't tell
from the photo, but it's amazing how much higher the driving position of  the
Datsun is.

Rob
PS the Datsuns are still far nicer in hot  weather.