Re: OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>,
Subject: Re: OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:41:56 -0400
Senders go bad. Did you try to replace the stock sender unit?

You could bring your car to a mechanic with an infrared thermometer and they
can take a reading off the elbow as well as check to see if the rad has any
blocked tubes.

Of course that won't show if there are any blocked passages in your head and
block.

FWIW, I installed an aftermarket sender unit in my roadster and it showed my
car to be overheating when in fact it wasn't. I replaced the sender w/an OEM
unit and everything was as it should be.

Mike