RE: Cleaning up machined alloy wheels

To: <ambradley@frontiernet.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cleaning up machined alloy wheels
From: "Brad Lustig" <bradlustig@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:59:36 -0400
Just saw this when I was looking around the Hotrodders Knowledge Base
earlier today.
http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/aluminum1.html
Don't know how good a job it does.  On some 300zx wheels I had, I completely
removed the clearcoat and used finer and finer grits of auto sandpaper plus
polishing compound to produce a mirror-finish.  Did a great job, but
required a bit of upkeep with the clearcoat off.  By the way, the hotrodders
knowledge base is located at
http://hotrodders.com/kb/
Lot's of great info there.

Brad