Re: Needle profiles for SU carbs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Needle profiles for SU carbs
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:32:27 EDT
Hi  to all,

    RA, AK, ADQ, MC,RB, SM, these all seem to be various profiles of needles.
How do you tell the manufacturer from the profiles? I understand the basics
of SU's but all these designations baffle me. I'm still experimenting to get
the best idle with best hi rpm performance and I 'd like to know which needle
profile to go with next. Currently running N25 nissan but to get a clean idle,
still seem to have to sacrifice top end "R". My car is basically stock with
bigger exhaust. Any suggestions from the SU gurus? I'm tired of sanding needles.

                  Thanks, Tom 69/2.0