RE: Bleeding Brakes after complete overhaul

To: "'garretson2'" <garretson2@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Bleeding Brakes after complete overhaul
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:25:45 -0700
Rick:

I thought I had air in the lines after my brake rebuild too when I couldn't
get a solid pedal. Don't know if you mean the bleeders are spitting air, or
the pedal is soft? If you have stock rear brakes, make sure you have them
adjusted up until you can't spin the wheel around one full rev by hand
giving it a single pull. It sounded nuts to me, until I did it and the
spongy pedal went away. After bleeding for half the day, that is :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600