thermostat for 70 2000

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: thermostat for 70 2000
From: "Bill Cole" <wdc52458@proaxis.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:59:55 -0700
Hi guys... it's great to be back...I decided to put an aftermarket temp gauge
in my car because my temp gauge that goes up and down for unknown reason. A
new relay under the dash did not fix the problem.
   The new temp gauge sending unit would not fit my 69 U20, so I found an
extra housing(gooseneck) I had from a 70 2000 and on top where the module temp
lines hooked up the new temp gauge threaded right in, instead of being loose
in the original sending units threads built into the side of the block
spacer.
    Now once the car warms up I have a constant 185-190 degree temp so I can
keep my eyes on the road and not the original gauge that still moves up and
down with the fuel gauge. I hope some one else can get around their temp gauge
problem by doing the same.
    This problem has to do with a 68 1600 that has had a 69 U20/5spd
conversion.
                             Bill Cole