Re: EMPI lug nuts

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: EMPI lug nuts
From: "Joe Kinstle" <jkunstler@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:59:37 -0700
I called McGard today and the smaller diameter shank style lug nuts are NLA.
They said they stopped making them a couple years ago and threw out all
their old stock.  Curses!  It looks like I'm going the custom lug nut route.
I'll actually buy shank stlye lug nuts and simply mill the shaft down to the
size I need.  Sounds simple enough.   I thought about modifying the wheels
to fit acorn style lug nuts, but I think milling down the lug nuts will be
easier and I won't mess with the original wheel.

Joe