Harness Attachment Points

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Harness Attachment Points
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:27:21 -0500
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on the manifold nuts. Hopefully will
tackle that tomorrow after work. Had a root canal this afternoon so really
didn't feel like digging it things after that. May try to get a set of combo
open end /ratchet wrenches, too, along with replacement 12mm nuts before I
bolt it all back together.

I'm going to have to find a way to attach the shoulder harnesses, too. I
pulled the roll bar because I really need the extra three inches or so of
rearward seat travel, not only to help get my large self in and out of the
car, but also move the seat far enough back to make it comfortable to drive
with my longish legs. Besides the roll bar didn't have a horizontal harness
bar anyway, although I'm sure one could have been added.

Anyway, I'm thinking about mounting doubler plates inside the trunk/cabin
wall as high and as large as I can make them and then attaching the shoulder
harness mounting hardware to that. I'm not worried about blocking access to
the package tray and if the top's on the car at all, it'll be up.

Am I missing anything? Is there a better way to do this? I think it's Sparco
that offers a Harness Bar that (I think) bolts to the outside seat belt
points, comes up and has a horizontal cross bar for attaching shoulder
harnesses at the proper height and angle. However they're vehicle specific,
only for newer models and pricey at around $400. Some sharp fabricator
(Hello, Marc!!) ought to be able to come up with a similar piece for the
roadsters for no more than that.

TIA,
Ron