Best way to make sure U20 is at top dead center..

To: datsun list <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Best way to make sure U20 is at top dead center..
From: Roadster Dude <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:20:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Everyone..

What is the best way to check if a U20 is at top dead center without taking the
Valve cover off.
My main reason is to make sure my plug wires are correct and going to the
apropriate
spark plugs from the distributor.
Sounds simple enough but I wanted to make sure...

And what is the best way to check for spark ... I have a couple of those cheap
light gizmo that goes in between the distributor and the spark plug..but they
are worthless.

Thanks for the help..

Raul