About time to get PC....

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net, seroc@datsunroadsters.com
Subject: About time to get PC....
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:36:44 -0400
No, that does not mean that the word police are coming and we all need to
watch what we are saying, it means that it is almost time to get a HUGE,
succulent PORK CHOP sandwich.  (I will wait a moment while you get over
swooning over that...)  Each year, there is a big car show in Daytona Beach
Florida at the Daytona International Speedway (yes, Alphonse, that Daytona -
the one where the 500 is run, the Cobra Daytona premiered and Roadsters
raced back in the 60's...) and this event is called the Turkey Rod Run.
Don't take my word for it that this is big though, check this link:
http://www.turkeyrun.com/ or contact Lenny Sprague.  He is the only other
Roadster guy on the list that I know has been there.  Once again, I am
soliciting interest in attending this event.

Now, I know that you are wondering what the heck is this mess about a pork
chop in a note about a car show.  Well, the sandwich that I get there is
kinda big.  The small specs out at about a pound and a half of pork.  (good
news Atkins diet eaters, pork is OK!), the next bigger is about 2 pounds.
The biggest may still have cloven hoofs - I don't know as I am not that
brave nor hungry...

Anyway, if you have any interest in showing off your Datsun to an unknowing,
but receptive crowd this is a good venue.  I urge you to click on the link
above and then hit the link for the aerial photo.  It is pretty impressive.
They limit show cars each year, but if a club is coming, they carve out a
niche for folks to park close to each other.  I wanna go, but would really
like some company.  Anyone?  Bueller??

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html