(OT) Maxima computer chip key

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (OT) Maxima computer chip key
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:05:09 EDT
List,

We recently purcahsed a used '02 Maxima for a daily driver and only received
one key.  We don't really want to spend $100 at the dealer to get a 2nd key
made.  I have seen some "repro" chipped keys on ebay for $15-$20 but realize a
lock smith would have to program the key to match the car.  What should I
expect to pay a locksmith to program the key or to make a key for us from
scratch?
I am new to these computer keys.  I know GM has been using them for years.

John Over
Denver