Fried Electrical System

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fried Electrical System
From: Grant Goodall <goodalg@cc.wwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:56:58 -0800 (PST)
Ok so its been a long time since i have contributed much to the discussion
but i have a problem thats stumping me so far.  I have a 67.5 2000 Solex.
My generator/alternator (original) was not charging the system so I tested
it with a multimeter.  While i had one test probe on the positive
connection on the alternator I accidentally touched part of the test probe
contact to the frame of the alternator, basically shorting the cars
electrical system.  Big Spark, engine quits running. Currently i cannot
get power to anything except the horn.

I have done a lot of testing trying to find where the connections is
broken.  I am guessing a fuseable link somewhere has blown, but i can't
seem to find where.  I was hoping someone has done something like this
before and can give me an idea of where to look.  I can provide specific
info as to where power is flowing and where its not if that will be
helpful. And yes all the fuses and the fuse box are in good shape
electrically and I have reviewed the wiring diagraham.

Grant Goodall
Bellingham, WA
67.5 2000 Solex