RE: Hi Everybody! - new guy w/ wheel question: they should fit

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Hi Everybody! - new guy w/ wheel question: they should fit
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:14:49 -0500
Hello New Guy!

I have a 67 1600 and have the old 4 spoke aluminum mags, like were
used on these cars years ago.  They are 14X5.5.  I run 195X60X14
Falkin Azinis and have very minor scraping problems in the back with
the tires bottomin out into the tops of the fender wells over bumps,
and some scraping in front with the wheels turned, but took care of
most of that by tapping the fender lips up against the fenders.  I
also took care of the lips in the back wheel wells, but that was more
of a grinding job, since they were "mostly fiberglass".  My car is
lowered front and back.

Bottom line, your 14X6 wheels should work fine with anything up to a
195X60 or 195X55 tire.  I think my 4 spokers were for a 240Z, so the
offset is probably the same as your wheels.

I can't offer advice with the 15 inchers, but that would greatly
expand your tire choices in this day and age, with everyone all the
time going bigger in diameter.

Have fun!

Jim
Chesapeake Virginia