newbie

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: newbie
From: oliver <oliverconnect@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:00:27 -0800 (PST)
hi, all.

i'm in dallas, and just picked up spl311-07781.  its a 1967, runs and drives,
but needs a top, final paint, and some tlc.  i was told all the chrome was in
the trunk.  there is a lot there, including the door panels.  the floor pans
have been replaced, but there is no carpeting AND, just for grins, the driver
seat is not bolted down.  have not even checked to see if there are holes in
the lfoor for it yet!  as a special bonuse, the allstate bettery is still
shrink wrapped.  and that's about all i know.

i've had some experience with Triumphs; this is my first nissan.  change the
oil, all the fluids, and tune it.  it appears to idle rather high; the tach
does not work; and one of the toggles is missing.  anyway, the car is now in my
garage, and i can't wait to start figuring her out.  i've got a manual that
covers several datsuns of that era, and i'd love to find a better one.  plus
i'm interested in the history and lore of these cars.

i've been on this list for over a week, listening.  can anyone tell me what
i've got, and make suggestions?

thanks!  i look forward to becoming part of the roadster club!

dave in dallas