Re: wheel question

To: John Sciulli <orangepop@gmx.net>,
Subject: Re: wheel question
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:37:23 -0600
> John Sciulli

> I was wondering if you could use standard lug nuts to mount a set a
> panasport rims to a roadster with out any problems?
> I kinda like the look of no center caps and open lug nuts as opposed to
> "mag" nuts (I think that's what they are called).
> Thanks in advance with your comments.

I doubt that you can use "standard" tapered seat type lug nuts. Haven't
pulled a wheel on my 2000 since I got it but I'm guessing that Panas use the
traditional shouldered lug nuts. I'm sure someone else will clarify all
that.

In any case you should be able to get open lug nuts that'll work with you
wheels. However, if you want the studs to extend out past the end of the lug
nuts you'll probably need to replace the OEM studs with longer ones. Usually
not a cheap proposition.

Bottom line, yes, there is probably a way to do what you want, but it's not
as simple as just replacing one style of lug nut with another. It may be a
bit pricy and may involve replacing all of your wheel studs.

HTH,
Ron