More fun from a jury-rigging PO....

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More fun from a jury-rigging PO....
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:50:38 -0800
Cold, but no rain and the sun was shining, so I figured I would finally get
my new Gary Boone EI dizzy installed....HAH!

First, the battery tray is half eaten away. Oh, well, I still have that
plastic one I never installed in the F100. Should work.

Next, it's the alternator wires (see other post).

Then, I discover the spark plugs are a nice dirty black....and they're
BPR5ES.  Hotter plugs and they're burning cold? Oh, great......

So, first question: Is there any reason to run the standard BP6ES plugs?
Bonus question: Thoughts on why the hotter plugs were installed?

Next question: Anyone have a spare valve cover they want to sell? Yup, the
PO a) overtightened the rear valve cover bolt cracking the cover, and b) the
fine thread PCV return hose was screwed half-a$$ed w/ a piece of sawed-off
brass pipe. Since this couldn't be made snug, the moron covered the inside
and outside of the "joint" w/ high-temp silicone.  Which was impossible
since the hole appears to have been hammered and chiseled on (why, oh
why?).....just lovely....

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -