RE: sparkplugs

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: sparkplugs
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:35:25 -0800
When I got my parts car it had Bosch Platinum plugs installed.  I had to use
that engine when the original engine spun a bearing and had concerns about
the Bosch plugs because I remember my first two roadsters demanding the NGK
plugs if I wanted performance.  I have changed the Bosch plugs out as part
of an ignition problem diagnosis, but I really did not notice any difference
between the Bosch plugs and the NGK plugs.  I am considering putting them
back in to compare how they operate now that I have the carbs set correctly.
Bosch uses an interesting pointed center that seems to work very well.  I
will have to get to the engine for the part number if anyone is interested.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com