RE: Windshield Washer

To: "'Tom Ross'" <rossto@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Windshield Washer
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:37:27 +1030
Hi Ross, you may have a tired motor there but, you may also have dry wiper
arm pivots.
Disconnect the mechanical linkage at the wiper motor and check if the switch
drives
the motor at an OK speed for both HI and LO speeds.
Then try to operate the wiper mechanism manually to check for any binding.
My guess is that the pivots are nearly siezed.
There is a how-to-fix in the archives.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510
1972 PL510
1973 HS30
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide
South Australia.
While I am at it, the wipers on my car work, but just barley, they seem to
move very sloooooow and only one speed. I suspect that they are not wired
properly for
2 speed operation. Any thoughts there?

Thanks,
Tom Ross