Re: A day in the rain...

To: mtyler@hctc.net, Datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A day in the rain...
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:22:28 EST
In a message dated 12/29/2004 10:31:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mtyler@hctc.net writes:

I'd take  the Mazda 5  or Subaru WRX wagon (at 300 HP and a fraction of
the  weight of the Magnum) over the Magnum in a heartbeat.

I can see your point, in part. For me, the Mazda and the Sube just don't
have the "attitude". The Magnum has the "stance" as the hot rod people say. To
be fair, although I have great appreciation for "jewel like" cars, I am a fan
of  "American Thunder". I keep a flight suit for passengers in my Dodge. Of
course,  that car is handcrafted. I like the idea that I can now go to the
dealer
and say  "I'd like a little more performance, please".

As to M-B, yes they are having their problems. A lot has to do with the  high
cost of workers, same problem as the Japanese manufacturers. That is why
they are moving here. Our wage rates are Third World, as compared to Germany or

Japan. Last I know, American auto workers only made about 60% of the rate paid
 Japanese auto workers. "Benefit Packages" may alter the figures. Germany,
like  much of Western Europe, has problems getting workers to come to work.

Tom Faust