RE: ball joints revisited

To: "'racery@comcast.net'" <racery@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: ball joints revisited
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:28:35 -0600
 Dang.  How about if someone supplies #3.  :)

On memory again ..  The VW joints where screw in type like the racers use.
I wish I had a friend at MOOG  - heck just a friend would be nice... :)

Phil
SEROC

Phil, nice try! ;-)

In return, I need:
a. independant wealth.
II. unlimited time!
3. attractive, perky assistants.

Tell you what, instead of embarking on a project, I'll stick my head under
the right front wheel this weekend, and see how MUCH bigger it is.
And if it has any dead giveaways on it  (like 'BMC' cast into the bottom)

http://home.comcast.net/~racery/home/pix/122_lower_ball_joint.jpg

is what started me thinking about this...

As to VW parts, it's not the aircooled ones- those front beam axles worked
differently...

Toby

>  Ok Toby -
>
> You are now in charge of the new Datsun Roadster Ball Joint
> Independent Technical Research Team (DRBJITR)
>
> We need:
> 1.  Complete background of the history of Volvo 122 use of this joint.

 Someone - sorry.... memory....
failing - said older VW joints were close.