Re: Fw: Turn Signals Wont Work (67.5 1600)

To: Stephen Wan <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Turn Signals Wont Work (67.5 1600)
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:58:57 -0600
Steve,

The first thing I would ask is does your car have a 4 way flasher switch
under the dash? If it does, be sure it is plugged in. Pull and push the
switch several times with the key on and the turn signals on. Watch the
dash indicator to see if it flashes.

If your car doesn't have 4 way flashers look up behind the triangle
brace under the left of the dash. You will find a small (6 pin?) socket
with a jumper plug in it. Be sure the jumper plug is installed. If it is
loose or missing your turn signals will not work.

Next, disconnect the two wires from the flasher relay and hook them
together. Turn on the key and either left or right turn signal and see
if both front and rear turn signals are on solid. Then check the other
side. If they work, replace the flasher.

That should narrow down where the problem. If not, let me know what you
find and I'll take another stab at it. (All that is left are the wiring,
bulbs, sockets, a harness connector, or the most probable, the turn
signal switch.

Peace,
Pat