Ztherapy carbs, etc

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ztherapy carbs, etc
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:50:51 -0600
Hello List,
Spring is finally here, and I too am eager to make my 67-1600 driveable.
Several items to run by the list:

1. While I have the manifolds/carbs/header/starter removed, does anyone have
ideas on how to make the block drain more accessible when everything is put
back?

2. I've finally had it struggling with the header/starter interference issue
and ordered one of those fancy redux gear versions from Dean. That is sweet!
You really can remove it thru the wheel well with that little panel taken out!
Cool! The bolt holes are larger than the original starter. Can I assume that
the "boss" on the starter that aligns with the opening in the bell housing
makes the larger holes a non-issue once it's tightned down?

3. This new starter has me inspired to consider the Z-Therapy carb rebuilding
and the Boone "dizzy".
Lots of money there, but after putting $8k into it the last 25 years, it's
really too late to avoid being "upside down". I've re-built the carbs myself,
no big deal except without the slick re-finishing and dome/piston matching.
But I like the idea of ball-bearing throttle shafts! Same with the
distributor, totally disassembled inspected for wear and reassembled with
necessary new parts except "points plate" and vac advance. The engine and
tranny was also competely rebuilt and has about a hundred miles. I could use
some moral support/encouragement in order to shell out another grand for these
items I probably don't need. Comments?
Thanks, Mike H.  '67-1600