Re: : Pilot bearing removal tool

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : Pilot bearing removal tool
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:49:38 GMT
If the grease method doesn't work, I second Dean's suggestion.  I tried the
grease method on my truck's pilot bearing to no avail.  I then went to Autozone
and signed out the removal tool with a deposit.  The tool worked on the first
try. ...and best of all...  Since I don't do clutches very often, I returned
the tool for a full refund of my deposit.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600

Chris,

There is a Matco tool, #BP-150 Pilot bearing/bushing removal tool, that I
purchased years ago that works great. It has two small jaws which pass through
the inside of the old bushing so as not to damage the crank.

Dean
chris bond <cbond@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
What is the best way to get the pilot bearing out of my block.
Thanks, Chris 67.5 1600