RE: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:54:10 -0500
As a Hoosier, we do not have smog testing nor inspections.  So
basically, I have little to complain about.  Of course, I have only seen
1 Roadster on the streets of Indiana in my 31 years.

Anyway...perhaps this is a common law, but in Indiana, if you decide to
remove the car from service and allow the registration to expire, you
must pay the full registration fees for every year you missed next time
you get the vehicle registered.

If the first registration for my Roadster to take place later this year
after 12 years of being a "basket case" (rescued) results in effectively
purchasing 12 years of registrations, I will not be pleasant.

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1968 Datsun 1600 Sports
1978 Datsun 280Z