Re: Frozen Wheel!

To: "Matthew Cox" <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>, <racery@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Frozen Wheel!
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:33:05 -0500
Standard disk brakes do not retract but simply release the hydraulic pressure.
The ones on the roadster are copies of Dunlop racing brakes and actually do
retract a fraction of an inch but these are exceptions.  The pads are still in
such close proximity that they will rust to the disks.

I second John's suggestion.  Pulling the entire caliper is the easy way to do
it.  BTDT myself.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000