1962 New York Auto Show 1500 surfaces

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1962 New York Auto Show 1500 surfaces
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:25:21 -0400
....and it's sitting in my garage :-)

interesting car. was in paint last time I saw it years ago, when I picked it
up it was bare metal and in spite of what the shop had told the owner, it
had obviously spent some time outside unprotected. almost every panel on the
car is different in some way than the production cars. indent on the back
panel is about twice as wide, has a sculpted pit for the filler neck. rear
panel in cockpit is different, has a couple indents in the upper corners
about 10" wide by 3" tall and 3" deep- don't know what for. doors are
different, inside panels have different cutouts. inner fenders have
different rib pattern, radiator support bars have no holes, panel behind
grille has 6 or so squares in it- more than production. radiator support
panels on either side of the radiator formed differently.. appears the rib
on the top of the trunk lid is higher also. no lips on rear wheelwells, very
small lips on front fenders. more to discover... :-)   guess I need to set
up a website one of these days so it's easier to show pix of some of this
stuff.....

Craig
mostly roadsters