door gap issues

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: door gap issues
From: Stan <stathy@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:13:38 -0700
Hi all, since you've been so helpfully lately I'd like to throw out another
question.
My door gaps between the front fender as well as the rear quarter panel are
quite large.
I could easily stick a pencil between the two panels.
As well, they do not follow a nice consistant gap.

The fenders have been welded on by the previous owner so I cannot move them.
I beleive previous accidents are the cause for this.
What can I do to close the gaps?
I do not have a concours car so I'm not too concerned if I have to use
fillers, but this seems like a cheap fix.

Does anyone have any ideas?
If so I would love to hear them.
Thanks so much in advance for reading and responding to my question.

Thanks!

Stan
1969 1600